Tuesday, March 22, 2005

What is "neoconservatism"?

Though I personally do not follow any political ideology, yet it is interesting to know what are the various goods floating around in the market - just in case, I need to ascribe to one. Or for that matter, I have come to the realization that political discussions evoke such an animated and varied emotional response from my lunch companions that I think it is good to invest some of my energies in discovering these gems which are capable of providing ample entertainment at the luncheon - in fact, sometimes becoming the piéce-de-résistance themselves. Ah, so more seriously what is actually "neoconservatism". My interest in this term was piqued when I came to know that the US invasion of Iraq has been attributed to a particular sect of people called the "neocons" or more simply those who ascribe to the political doctrine of neoconservatism. I'm still quite unknowledgeable to comment about neocons, however to get you interested into the subject I can tell you this: 1. Neoconservatism is more or less a political ideology popularised in US of A. 2. It has everything to do with US foreign policy, and nothing to do with US domestic policy. Irving Kristol - the publicly acclaimed father of neocons has written an explanation of contemporary neoconservatism ideology. My time permits me to write only as much for today, but I should put in more inputs on this probably tommorow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home