Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Karma and Birthdays!

Two days ago, yours truly became a quarter-century old! let me rephrase it: I've lived quarter of a century! The eve of my birthday, saw another of my mood swings - ones which make me dwell on life as such. When I'm in such a mood, I end up in melancholy. Every birthday starts with my reflection on what I have achieved so far in life. What has been my karma? And have I been successful in my dharma? All my friends say that I try to do much. And I say I'm just trying to enjoy my life, in truth I do feel that one life is too less. I guess now I understand why some people strive for immortality, because we find the world around us too intriguing, too beautiful and too lovely to leave. We want to know all the mysteries of life. I will not be there when we first talk to aliens. I will not be there when we can travel at the speed of light. I will not be there when we travel to new worlds. I will not be there when we get to know new civilizations. I will not be there when we get to know new stories and tales. I will not be there when the world we live is changed forever. But I want to be! Come to think of it, I also want to live in the past. I was not there when Ramayana happened in India. I was not there when Mahabharata occured. I was not there when Mughals ruled India. I was not there when India fought for its Independence. I was not there when the World Wars happened. But I wish I was. I feel a subliminal attraction to the thought of birth-rebirth. Was I a soldier in Tipu Sultan's army. Was I with the Pandavas or the Kauravas? Did I ever meet Lord Krishna? I do not know what other lives I have lived. But I want to know. And then there is this life. One day I shall die, and I shall be born again, and I shall have no rememberance of this life. Yet, I want to live this life to the fullest too. For, life is precious it has allowed me live all these long years, meet all the people I like or dislike, see all these things, visit all the places - my life a beautiful life. And yet again I ponder, what is my karma? What is it that for which I was reborn in this world?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home