Thursday, February 23, 2006

The man who knew the color of life.

"Blue. ", said the Man. "Blue?", I asked. "Yes, Blue - it is the color of life. The color you should use to paint 'life' on your canvas." "But, why Blue? I always thought life has so many colors in it, isn't life a painting? Everybody, has different colors in their life." "What do you mean different colors? Life is not a painting, it is Blue. Everybody's life is blue." "But, my life is different from yours. I have different experiences, different hopes, my happiness and sadness are different from yours. Surely you are mistaken." "Hopes, happiness, sadness - each have their own colors. I'll tell you colors for each of them - hope is green, happiness is yellow, and sadness is ..." "What about sadness?" "Sadness is colorless." "Colorless? I don't understand." Man sighs. "I'll explain. But don't interrupt me." "Ok" "Life, hope, happiness, sadness - these are colors. There is another color too - luck." "But, luck ! it ..." "Listen! Don't interrupt! Luck is a color too, but it is difficult to describe it. It is a shade of orange, the one that the sky is when sun sets in the ocean at twilight. Have you ever wondered which color your dreams are? Or which color can you see more often when you feel angry? Or why the candle seems so bright, when you are calm? It is because you can see these colors with your own eyes - blue, hope, happiness, luck - when you are happy, calm, lucky. When you are sad, you don't see anything because sadness has no color." "All this is not making any sense at all! My eyes don't see these things." "They do, but nobody has told you about them, so you never knew to what to look out for? You have to look carefully, and with practice you will be able to see them. Look at your friends when they are happy, look at their edges, you will see happiness. When they are angry, you will not be able to see any color. Have you never noticed, that when your friends are happy they look bright? And when they look angry they appear to be dark? The reason is because happiness colors them in brightness of yellow, and when they are angry sadness colors them but because it is colorless it consumes the shine of other colors." "I don't think I understand too much, but I'll keep an eye out for detail. I guess I should get back to my painting then." "I hope you figure out why each color is why what it is. Best of luck!"

2 Comments:

At 2/23/2006 12:37:00 PM, Blogger Abdul said...

Makes sense...

-abdul

 
At 2/26/2006 08:43:00 PM, Blogger Asterix said...

Kyon bhai, aajkal bahut philosophical observations kar raha hai!

Rahul

 

Post a Comment

<< Home